Thursday, October 20, 2011

The operative word is "intensive"

The workshop I'm taking with Carol Simmons is called "6-Day Kaleidoscope Pendant Intensive", and the operative word is "intensive."  We meet from 9am to 9pm, plus more time earlier or later depending on whether we are morning or night people, with just a short break for lunch and dinner at a local restaurant before returning to the studio.  Carol is with us the whole time teaching and working with each of us on our individual canes.  I don't think I've seen another teacher put in so much effort for his or her students.  I had intended to blog daily but quite frankly, I've been too pooped at the end of the day to do anything but put my feet up and sip a glass of wine before hitting the sack.  


The group of students are all great fun and we are having a good time as well as working hard and learning a lot.







1 comment:

  1. Wow! Those are long intensive hours. Even I would find that exhausting and I spend a lot of time every day in my own studio. Hope you are having fun though. Can't wait to see what you created!

    ReplyDelete