Thursday, June 9, 2011

Ancient Dancer

I have been away from clay for quite awhile, first because I was ill with some nasty flu-like virus that wouldn't go away and then because I had to rush off to Florida to find an assisted living home for my father.  That took most of May, but now I'm back home and eager to spend time in the studio.

An image for a pendant popped into my head one day and I managed to create it in clay.  Now I can't decide if I like it.   It is an image transfer on an inner layer covered by faux sandstone.  The window is supposed to look like it was chiseled out of the stone.   Please tell me what you think.

9 comments:

  1. That is a very cool pendant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the effect Cynthia!Go on dancing...on clay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gorgeous, Cynthia, primitive and energetic at the same time. I love the marriage of the two ways of depicting dance, vast cultures and a few centuries apart - it works beautifully. Clever girl!

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  4. very neat, I like the combination of old & new...who says there weren't ballerina cavewomen? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do ! I love the primitive look around the dancing ballerina !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job. Love the old and the new.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you to everyone for your kind comments.

    ReplyDelete