Monday, November 22, 2010

Biker Chic - Faux Leather

I don't really want to be a biker - I just like the outfits.  Studs on leather is the big thing this year, so I decided to make my own version.  Everything here is polymer clay, the "leather" and the "studs."  I know, I'm a little compulsive.  Making and attaching all those little studs was time consuming.  The post earrings look big here but they are only one and a half inches in diameter, so you can imagine how small those little studs must be - just over 1/16th of an inch!!  The bracelet, which is formed over an aluminum blank,  is one and one-eighth inches across.  It even has faux stitching.

2 comments:

  1. Cynthia,
    These are wonderful. I love the earrings but I can't believe that bracelet is clay. Well done!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are tres, tres cool Cynthia! I have a friend who would just love that bracelet... she is more of a bracelet fan than an earring fan... I love the detail of the "stitiching"... you thought of everything! Well done!!
    Sharon
    http://mystoryart.com

    ReplyDelete